Welcome to First Parish Chelmsford
Welcome to First Parish of Chelmsford! We are a Unitarian Universalist congregation. While Unitarian Universalism began in the Protestant tradition, we have grown beyond our roots into a non-creedal faith, welcoming of different spiritual and theological perspectives. We invite everyone of good will to come to worship and to our community, in the fullness of who you are across age, race, gender, ethnicity, class, religious background, sexual orientation, ableness, and family. We gather to bring more hope, more joy, more peace, more love to one another and our world. Please join us.
As we start the new church year, it is great to show off our new building and it is fantastic how excited everyone is about it. We are getting down to the end of the project. Please reach out to an ABP team member if you have any comments or questions.
- Elevator. The installation started this past Wednesday. It takes a total of 10-14 days to complete the installation, so it should be done early October. Then we will have to schedule state inspection before we can go operational with the elevator. Dates TBD.
- Fire sprinklers. The holes have been cut into the sanctuary ceiling. We are waiting for special sprinkler heads to be delivered for the sanctuary, then they will be installed. The complete system will have to be inspected and then go operational, likely in October. All other installation is completed. We ended up installing 2,700 linear feet of pipe for the sprinkler system. Wow!
- Doors. We are waiting for several doors on back order. Most should come soon.
- Painting and flooring. Painting should wrap up soon, though there will be some touch ups needed. Hallway rugs won’t be installed until after the elevator is installed.
- Bathrooms. First floor bathrooms are completely installed an functional. Second floor bathrooms will have electrical worked finished and door knobs installed soon, and then they will be fully operational.
- Vestry and kitchen ceilings. Dates TBD.
- Punch list. There will be lots of loose ends still to be completed; e.g. paint touch up. This will take place over the few weeks.