Welcome to First Parish
Get Involved with Next Steps Weekend
Next Steps Weekend is an opportunity for YOU to express your thoughts, dreams, and concerns for creating an implementation plan for long discussed changes to the spaces of First Parish.
What it is:
- Next Steps Weekend provides an opportunity for a trusted outsider, Unitarian Universalist Association consultant Barry Finkelstein, to understand the congregation’s investigations in space and growth over the past 15 years;
- Provide recommendations on proceeding with the ‘Next Steps’ to implementing long gestating plans on space and accessibility to Church programs and functions.
- Understand current Church spiritual practices and expression, finances, activities, and leadership;
- Provide time for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, and contribute to the process of Barry understanding the needs, dynamics, and desires of First Parish.
- Lay the foundation for the congregation to have critical discussions and make important decisions on how (or if) to move forward with creating a final plan for space and fund raising.
What it is not:
- Next Steps Weekend is not another planning exercise, rehashing or creating another iteration of a past document or plan. It IS about moving forward
- It is not an instant fix or a dictatorial prescription on how to move forward. It provides concrete recommendations for us to consider on preparing and focusing First Parish on the next steps to bring our long simmering plans and discussions to life.
- It is not an exclusionary exercise. It provides the consultant an opportunity to learn about both specific functions of the Church AND interact with the larger congregation.
- It is not a consideration of “either/or” but “both/and.”
- Public Forum Saturday April 12th 1:00 to 3:00 Meet with UUA consultant Barry Finklestein – Provide an overview of the process, answer questions; ask questions to those in attendance to gain a broader perspective of First Parish
- Public Forum Sunday, April 13th 12:15 Meet with UUA consultant Barry Finklestein – Provide reflections and an overview of what he has heard and seen; answer questions about the process and what comes next.