Welcome to First Parish Chelmsford
Construction has begun!
IT IS REALLY HAPPENING! Our building renovation project will start for real after Memorial Day. When it is all done, we will have a new elevator, an accessible entrance, bathrooms on both floors, and a sprinkler system. We will also be reconfigured in terms of offices, the parlor, classrooms and meeting spaces.
We are going to have to live with some chaos and temporary displacement. Here are some things to be aware of:
- We will continue to hold regular worship services at 10 am in the sanctuary through the end of the church year, June 17, when we will celebrate with our flower communion.
- RE will be in either the Chapel or in the Common (weather dependent) on June 3rd and June 10th. June 17th will be our intergen Flower Communtion service, so there will be no RE.
- There will be no bathrooms inside the building. There will be a porta-potty in the parking lot.
- The current elevator is no longer working. We will live stream the services in the vestry for those who cannot or do not want to tackle the stairs.
- Cindy will have an office in the mostly untouched chapel hall (Steve’s old office). She will be sharing it with the Collector and Treasurer and any other staff who needs it, but they will try to work here while the uproar of construction is actually happening.
- During June, Cindy will be here at church sometime after 5am – hoping to leave the building before or soon after the construction starts each day. After that she will be working from home about 11am. She will be checking the church email as usual.
We start our summer services, moving the worship time to 9 am, on June 24th. We have been able to rent space at the Chelmsford Center for the Arts across the street for June 24, July 8, July 15 and July 22. July 1 and July 29th, we will be back at First Parish.
Welcome to First Parish of Chelmsford! We are a Unitarian Universalist congregation. While Unitarian Universalism began in the Protestant tradition, we have grown beyond our roots into a non-creedal faith, welcoming of different spiritual and theological perspectives. We invite everyone of good will to come to worship and to our community, in the fullness of who you are across age, race, gender, ethnicity, class, religious background, sexual orientation, ableness, and family. We gather to bring more hope, more joy, more peace, more love to one another and our world. Please join us.