Youth Faith Formation Program
“RE”FF (Religious Faith Formation) Program for Youths
Dear FPC Family! We the FPC RECouncil, look forward to making the Faith Formation Programs a welcoming sanctuary for everyone -because you are important- as a visitor, friend, or member to our FPC family community.
At this time because of the Pandemic and it’s resurgence we need to give ourselves the space to assess how to proceed. And at the same time, more importantly we think families need the choice of attending REFF physically, or not. We will be offering the choice of a “Wu Wei RE Faith Formation” for this purpose until Jan 2022. In order to “keep in touch” at home family materials from Soul Matters will be sent out monthly via USPS, that will include Soul Matters Materials and UU Recipes, etc.. The “RE”Faith Formation “curriculum” will begin in January 2022. Including OWL and COA. For more information contact [email protected]
UU Wu Wei Faith Formation-
In general, all FPC Youth are welcome to come to REFF, regardless if parents are attending service.
Program will adjust depending on how many youths attend.
During the pandemic church sanctuary policy to assure everyone is safe, especially for unvaccinated children is “if you don’t wear a mask, you can’t come into the sanctuary”. At this time we actively discourage children from being in the sanctuary for their safety and to protect them. The sanctuary space is at limited sign-up capacity at this time. It’s an enclosed space where the expectation is that everyone needs to be vaccinated if attending, regardless of the age.
What do children do during the services? Sunday Mornings 10am to 11am
During Pandemic, all FPC Youth are welcome to come to Religious Faith Formation.
Youth ages 4 through Grade 12 are invited to attend Sunday UU Faith Formation Program
We will begin meeting in chapel and expand from there upstairs in the “RE”FF wing as needed.
Nursery care is provided for children aged 1 – 3 at the morning service. For now, nursery will relocate upstairs.
REFF Safety Protocols-
- Volunteers must be vaccinated
- Pandemic Safety Parental Wellness Screening Form – each time attending
- Masks worn at all times- regardless of vaccination status
- Youth will be supervised as hands are cleaned/sanitized prior to stepping into care of group
- Social Distancing will be maintained within reason
Schedule/Calendar through Oct 31st
If/when inside windows will be kept open.
- 9/12 Water Communion Intergenerational-Outside/ Picnic after worship!
- 9/19 RE Faith Formation Family Walk-in the-Woods
- 9/26 RE Faith Formation UU Wu-Wei Day; Chapel
- 10/3 UU Recipe Day; Elephant Toothpaste
- 10/10 No REFF-Holiday
- 10/17 RE Faith Formation UU Wu-Wei Day; Chapel
- 10/24 RE Faith Formation UU Pumpkins!
- 10/31 Halloween Outdoor Event
Please contact Dolores GHeredia-Wood, DRE & FF. [email protected]`