Lifespan Faith Formation is an invitation for visitors and present members of all ages to deepen their UU journey. Lifespan Faith Formation offers opportunities for spiritual growth and connection for different generations, including families, young adults with or without children, and elders. The changing demographics and changes within our congregation require a new model from the traditional Sunday morning RE/Sunday School. More often, people in our congregation are seeking spiritual exploration and a sense of belonging to a community. The Lifespan Faith Formation program is continually being developed to better serve the whole of our First Parish by meeting the multi-generational needs of the individuals of our community.
“RE”FF (Religious Faith Formation) Program for Youths
Dear FPC Family! We the FPC RECouncil, look forward to making the Faith Formation Programs a welcoming sanctuary for everyone because you are important-as a visitor, friend, or member to our FPC family community.
At this time, once again we are going to have to postpone RE Faith Formation regular programs because of the ongoing pandemic. The hope was to offer programing in person. However, at this time we are going to explore hybrid options. If you are interested in your children being part of the hybrid programs, including OWL and COA.
Please contact [email protected]
For more information contact [email protected]
UU Wu Wei Faith Formation
In general, all FPC Youth are welcome to come to REFF, regardless of if parents are attending service.
Program will adjust depending on how many youths attend. During the pandemic church sanctuary policy to assure everyone is safe, especially for unvaccinated children is “if you don’t wear a mask, you can’t come into the sanctuary”. At this time we actively discourage children from being in the sanctuary for their safety and to protect them. The sanctuary space is at limited sign-up capacity at this time. It’s an enclosed space where the expectation is that everyone needs to be vaccinated if attending, regardless of the age.
What do children do during the services? Sunday Mornings 10am to 11am
- Youth ages 4 through Grade 12 are invited to attend Sunday UU Faith Formation Program. We begin meeting in (well ventilated/heated) chapel and expand from there upstairs to the “RE”FF wing as needed; including High School. As much as possible, we will do outdoor activities. Please have youth wear appropriate layered clothing.
- Nursery care is provided for children 1 to 3 years during the morning service upstairs Room #207
REFF Safety Protocols: Pandemic Safety Parental Wellness Screening Form/ Community Safety Self-Awareness Check during Pandemic- each time attending
- Masks worn at all times- regardless of vaccination status
- Youth will be supervised as hands are cleaned/sanitized prior to stepping into care of group
- Social Distancing will be maintained within reason
- No snacks/food until further notice. Please have children bring their own water bottles
- Volunteers must be vaccinated
More information about each if our Faith Formation Programs can be found on their own pages:
The Lifespan Faith Formation Director integrates committees, programs and coordinates events from infants to elders and beyond. For more information about the programs presently being offered contact: [email protected]