“RE” Faith Formation
“UU Awareness” The practice of open minds, hearts and souls….
During the Coronavirus volunteers are required to follow FPCC Covid -19 task force and be vaccinated. If you you like to add your name to our list of “RE” Faith Formation volunteers. Please contact [email protected]
To volunteer or for more information please visit the Lifespan Faith Formation Table in Vestry or contact: Dolores GHeredia-Wood, Lifespan Faith Formation Director; [email protected]
We’re Looking for generous hearts that can make the time…and be role models for our youth and show how great UU’s are! If you have been attending FPC for a year or more, come and experience the joy of being a volunteer for “RE” Faith Formation. This year the focus is community and environmental awareness. WE Need… yoUU only from about 9:30 to 11:15ish one Sunday a month as a…Chapel Buddy/Leader, Group Leaders or Talented Guest, etc. Please remember WE Can’t Do It Without Youu!
RE Faith Formation Volunteering Opportunities:
There are many ways you can make a difference! WE mainly need volunteers one and a half hour on a Sunday morning…
- Small Group Leader: (2nd to 6th grade) encourage children to know about Unitarian Universalism by guiding them through activities and listening.*
- Early Beginners Co-leader; (pre-k to 1st) A more ‘on hands’ experience of UU Basics.
- Chapel Buddy: monthly chapel day. Buddies/Leaders: Assist in maintain an environment conducive to worship and assisting youth to develop a sense of belonging by encouraging them to participate. *
What’s it all about…
RE Faith Formation is a collaborative program. The purpose of Faith Formation is that everyone collaborates to maintain a vibrant community in which our youth and families know they are beloved members now, by “embracing change” and the future, now. It’s important for children to see family member’s role model the joy of being part of their church community.
*RE UU Faith Formation Group Leader Pre-K to 7th –
Group Leaders are a team of 2 or 3 volunteers, providing stability and a familiar face for children in each group. Provided agenda includes chalice lighting; reflection/meditation; and an activity based on the theme/topic. We use many resources including the UUA Tapestry of Faith curriculum and Soul Matters. Time commitment varies from once or twice a month throughout the year.
Like to play games? 2nd through 7th groups experience UU through games and spiritual practices.
*RE UU Faith Formation Chapel Days: During Chapel Days the focus is worship, incorporating spirituality and ethics while encouraging lifelong UU friendships.
Sunday Evening Opportunities: We need volunteers for to be present at couple of groups and other activities. If you are interested in volunteering on Sunday evenings please contact me Dolores~ LFF”DRE”and Emma Warila, REFF Assistant
WE thank all our RE Volunteers help keep our students safe by filling out a CORI and National Background Check form.
~Safe Child Policy, CORI and National Background Check:
In order for our youth and congregation to flourish it is important that all of us want to make sure that we offer them the safest environment possible. Safe Child Policy and CORI and National Background Check are required. Approved: SC 2012-13; rv. 6.2018
- Nursery Substitute (0-3 year olds): Nursery substitutes help out in the nursery on days when our regular nursery care providers are unable to make it in.
- REFF Sunday Morning Cup Washing: Volunteers take turns washing/sanitizing cups used in the on Sunday mornings during snack.
- Field Trip Drivers/Chaperones: over age 25; driver license & insurance required
- Special Events Volunteers: Halloween; Holiday Pageant; Ice Cream Social; UU Friendship Field Day; etc.
Please contact Dolores GHeredia-Wood for RE Volunteering Opportunities: [email protected]
*We recommend that parents expand their volunteering options and lead in groups other than their own children’s group. It can be much easier to be present and enjoy yourself if you are not wearing a parenting and leader hat at the same time. Leading different groups gives you and your child an opportunity to meet and connect with other members of our intergenerational community at first parish. We especially look for non-parents to work with our 7th – 12th graders. If you have questions or concerns about this recommendation, please speak to me in person-
Lifespan Faith Formation Director: [email protected]