Five sessions 2pm to 4pm these Sundays: February 23rd; March 8th; March 22; March 29th; April 19th
The next couple of months Jennifer Johnson, our Intern Minister, is offering a course about knowledge and skills to the next level in terms of trans identity that will create a congregation that is fully inclusive and affirming of the full breadth of gender diversity. Over five sessions you will deeply explore the intersection of trans identity, spirituality, and faith community, and gain the grounding, context, and skills to truly inform and transform yourselves and our congregation and beyond our FPC doors.
Topics to be covered are:
- Introduction to Beloved Community: Welcome as a Spiritual Practice;
- Gender and Our Faith Community
- Unpacking the Gender Binary
- Trans Experience and Spirituality
- The Role of Culture in Trans Exclusion
- Creating Culture Shift
It is through being interested and having courage to explore differences that we learn about each other’s commonalities.