As we wrap up the current church year - Thank You!
Church leadership and the staff would like to acknowledge and express our gratitude to everyone in the congregation. We appreciate you for the patience, love, compassion and flexibility you have shown each other as we have navigated through this difficult time. The Standing Committee established a Provisional Pledge process for FY21, and the congregation approved a 4 month provisional budget to start FY21 at our annual meeting. A COVID Task Force was formed. Best of all, the virtual worship services have been wonderful! Well done by all!!!
- COVID Task Force will meet during the summer
- The building will remain closed for general use
- Regarding your first parish meetings this summer
With the arrival of beautiful summer weather, and as Massachusetts advances through its phases for re-opening, the desire to meet in person may grow. We ask all committees and small groups remember our covenants to each other, especially those around being inclusive and accessible for all. Will any members be excluded as a result of venue choice?
- We are not rushing to re-open. No on-site worship, programming, or events
With health & safety as our primary concern, we will continue to keep our building closed to any on-site worship, programming and events until we have safety protocols in place with the resources and people to implement them. We plan to continue with:
- Remote Worship and programming through the summer (July and August)
- Remote Worship and programming at the start of our next church year (September)
- Remote broadcasting will continue
We are recommending that remote worship & programs continue to be available into the future, even after the building is opened. Our commitment to accessibility, especially for our most vulnerable, remains strong.
- The task force is your first point of contact
The COVID Crisis Management Task Force is a subcommittee to the Standing Committee. Their objectives are to:
- Keep the Staff, the Congregation, and all who enter our church as safe as possible from contracting or spreading the virus
- Provide a central place for discussion and planning across First Parish with relevant committees and for input from the congregation
- Establish policies and procedures for when and how we might re-open our church for worship, programming and building usage by the congregation and 3rd parties Create generic policies and procedures for crisis management
The members of the task force are: Dolores Heredia-Wood, Rev. Ellen Spero, Gail Burati, Jim Curley, Michelle Hillman, Steve Zocchi and Tom Coffey.
In faith together, the COVID Task Force on behalf of the Standing Committee