Chair: Deb Grad
The RE Council (REC) is responsible for the philosophy, content and implementation of the religious education program in a manner consistent with our Unitarian Universalist Principles, Sources and the Covenant of First Parish UU Church.
The Religious Education Council works with the Director of Religious Education (DRE) to coordinate and implement the children's RE program. The Council consists of Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, and at least two at large members. The present members of the council are Deb Grad (chair), Michelle Hillman, Karen Dussourd, Patience Merullo, Elizabeth Valentine and Gail Burati.
Each member is a liaison to one of the following Religious Education teams (AKA subcommittees):
- Curriculum Writing Team and Workshop leaders
- Religious Education Sunday and Pageant Team
- Milestones Team
- Pre K and Kindergarten Teachers Team
- 1st through 5th Classroom Guides
- Religious Education Youth Team (REY)
- Religious Education Special Events Subcommittee (RESES)