RE Coordinator (part time) – First Parish Unitarian Universalist Chelmsford
First Parish Unitarian Universalist Chelmsford
2 Westford Street
Chelmsford, MA 01824
First Parish in Chelmsford (Unitarian Universalist) seeks a RE Coordinator for 2016-2017. We are looking for an enthusiastic engaging youth leader that will be an assistant to the Director of RE Faith Formation program. They will have some youth programming responsibilities and provide administrative support. Youth program responsibilities will include involvement with High School Youth Social Justice/Action and Special Events in order to create strong safe healthy bonds within and beyond our community including the Coming of Age Program. The hours vary per week but will be 40 hoursin a month. Sunday hours are required. Position is August through June.
Job Title: Religious Education Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Religious Education
Job Status: Part-time
FLSA: Non-exempt (hourly)
Assists in planning and implementing a religious education program under the supervision of the Director of RE Faith Formation. The RE Coordinator will provide administrative support and will have limited program responsiblities
On Sunday mornings:
- Act as a substitute when the DRE is not present, as well as assist with the RE program as needed
- Actively advocate for the RE program
- Distribute sanctuary Sunday pew reservation signs, RE room location signs and directions to classrooms.
- Set up and host RE information table and gather information at social hour.
- Assist with set up before and clean up after Sunday morning activities.
- Maintain, with DRE, forms and record data for registration, attendance, and the RE calendar.
- Recruit, record and assist in coordinating volunteer schedules.
- Organize and maintain the supply cabinet, snack cabinet, art closet, craft room, lending library and other RE areas.
- Report the RE schedule in the Sunday announcements
- A strong commitment to Unitarian Universalist principles and Unitarian Universalist religious education philosophy, and a desire to support this ministry for our children and youth
- Be present on Sunday mornings during the church year.
- Demonstrate success with previous administrative experience
- Demonstrate proficiency with current office software.
- Excellent skills in organization, administration, communication, and volunteer management
- Ability to work with moderate supervision and to prioritize workload effectively
- Friendly and approachable demeanor
- Sufficient leadership skills to assume substitute DRE role when needed.
Director of Religious Education
First Parish UU Chelmsford
2 Westford St. Chelmsford, MA 01824